Just before signing off on our well-deserved holidays, the editors here at KENTON got together to assemble a list of our favourite holiday movies of all time. Whether you Netflix, Apple TV or old-school cable at your parent’s house this winter break, there’s nothing like a good movie and some hot cocoa to get into the Yuletide spirit. Don’t forget your stretchy pants!
1. The Muppet Christmas Carol. “Bringing Charles Dickens’ classic tale to life, or, at least to puppetry” – Justine Iaboni.
2. Home Alone. “What can I say, its a classic that needs to be re-watched every single year” – Misti Schindele
3. White Christmas: “It is a tradition in my family to watch White Christmas every year on Christmas eve. It is something I look forward to every year” – Misti Schindele
4. Love Actually. “Christmas, the British way. What’s not to love about love!” – Alexander Liang.
5. The Holiday. “Hilarious house-swap that leads to true love for all” – Alexander Liang
6. Jingle All The Way. “Nothing teaches the lesson of last-minute shopping more than seeing Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sinbad battle it out for the best toy” – Quentin D. Washington
7. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. “Anything that can be imagined to go wrong, goes wrong in this movie. It makes your Holiday season seem perfect no matter what!” – Quentin D. Washington
8. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. “Take me to the island of misfit toys with this made for TV absolute must-see over and over again” – Justine Iaboni.
9. It’s a Wonderful Life
10. Four Christmases